Covenant Kodi Add-on is a fork of the Exodus Add-on released by The Alpha in 2017. The addon is very popular among Kodi users and is best-known for streaming high-quality links for Movies and TV shows.
Both Exodus and Covenant were developed by the same developer. Although the two seem to have the same user interface (UI), Covenant Kodi Add-on receives more regular updates.
On the other hand, Exodus is no longer updated by its developer Lambda, rendering Covenant a perfect replica. You can install the Covenant Kodi addon by following two different steps:
- Installing from Kodil Repository
- Installing from GitHub website
This article explains in detail how to install the Covenant Kodi Addon.
The addon isn’t Kodi 19 Matrix Compatible.
How Not To F*ck Up Your Kodi Experience: Streaming movies and TV shows on any of the 3rd party Kodi-addons may be illegal in your country due to copyright issues. Consider using a VPN if you truly care about protecting your online privacy. Here are the key benefits of hiding your IP (using VPN): 1) Encrypts your internet traffic. 2) You can access Geo-restricted content. 3) You can avoid ISP throttling. 4) You can avoid unwanted surveillance by government agencies and ISPs. 5) You can protect yourself from hackers. Connect VPN on all of your streaming devices (iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) and enjoy worry-free & high-speed movie experience 24/7. The Most Popular VPN Providers Among Kodi Users Are: 1) Get CyberGhost - 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee 2) Get ExpressVPN - 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee 3) Get PrivateVPN - 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Installing Covenant Kodi Addon
By default, Kodi does not allow its users to install unknown sources due to security reasons. Therefore, you must enable theUnknown Sources before you begin the installation.
How To Enable Unknown Sources On Kodi
Here’s all you need to do:
- After launching Kodi, click on the Settings icon.
- Click on System Settings.
- Select Add-ons and click on the button next to Unknown Sources.
- Confirm by clicking on Yes.
- Click on Yes on the next screen again to confirm the changes.
Now you can proceed with the installation.
Installing Covenant From Kodil Repository
For this method to work, you first need to install the Kodil Repository. Here’s how to go about it:
How To Install Kodil Repository
- Launch Kodi and click on the cogwheel icon to open Settings.
- Select the File Manager option.
- Click twice on Add Source.
- Click on None and then type this URL- http://www.lvtvv.com/repo.
- Click on OK.
- Enter a name for this media source into the box provided, and then double click on OK.
- Return to the main menu and click on Add-ons.
- On the screen’s top left, select the Package icon.
- Click Install from zip file.
- Select the name you entered in step 6 above.
- Click on repository.kodil-X.X.zip (the name may be slightly different).
A notification will appear on the top right corner showing that the repository has been successfully installed. You may now proceed to install the Covenant Kodi Add-on.
Install Covenant On Kodi
- Without exiting the repository installation screen, click on Install From Repository.
- Select Kodil Repository and click on Video Add-ons.
- Click on Covenant.
- Click on Install on the screen’s bottom-left.
After a few moments, you’ll receive an Add On Installed notification.
Install Covenant Kodi Addon From GitHub Website
After enabling Kodi’s unknown sources, you need to install the Covenant repository for this method to work. Here’s what you need to do.
How To Install Covenant Repository
- On the System screen, click on the File Manager option.
- Click Add Source and then None.
- On the box provided, type the following URL as is https://covenant01.github.io/zip/
- Select the box underneath, and then provide a name for the media source above.
- Click OK.
- Return to the System window and click on Add-ons.
- Click on Install From The Zip File.
- Select the name you provided in step 4 above.
- Select the zip file URL- repository.covenant-0.1.zip.
You will receive a notification that the Covenant Repo Add-on has been installed successfully. You may now proceed to install the Covenant Add-on.
- On the screen in 9 above, click on Install From Repository.
- Select Covenant Repository, and then click on Video Add-ons.
- Select Covenant, click on Install and then click OK.
- If prompted, click No. The Covenant Video Add-on will be installed after a few minutes.
- Go back to the Home screen and click on Add-ons.
- Select Video Add-ons and click on Covenant.
- Click OK when prompted.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Covenant Kodi Add-on.
Features Of Covenant Add-on
The Covenant Kodi Add-on has continuous developer support, keeping it updated regularly. Additionally, the addon supports Real-Debrid integration, offering high-quality content links with a buffer-free experience. Covenant also supports Trakt integration to keep track of your content.
Here’s a brief overview of what to expect from the Covenant Kodi Add-on:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
- Scraper Settings
How To Update Covenant Addon
After the installation, updating the Covenant Add-on keeps it running smoothly. There are two different ways to update this addon: manually or automatically, as explained below.
- Click Addons on the main screen.
- Click on My Addons.
- Select Video Addons and click on Covenant Addon.
- On the menu list provided at the bottom of the screen, click on Update for a manual update.
- Press the Auto-update button to enable automatic updates.
You may face certain problems with Covenant Kodi, just like you would with any addon out there. Here’s a quick look at some common Covenant Kodi addon problems and how to solve them.
Dependency Installation Failure
Some repositories may display a “Failed To Install Dependency” error, resulting in an unsuccessful installation of the Covenant addon. Likewise, some addons may contain Trojan viruses which find their way into these repositories, posing a bigger risk to your files.
Consider installing the Covenant addon from the official Colossus repository, which is much safer, to fix the error. However, many users have reported that Colossus repository has been shut down, so your only option is to install Covenant as shown above.
No Stream Available Error
“No Streams Available” has been a recent error popping up while using the addon. The error means that either the content you are searching for is too old to grab or not yet available. The error might be a result of poor network connectivity, firewall, or cache-related.
Here’s how to fix the No Stream Available error on Kodi.
- On the main menu, click on Tools.
- Select Clear Providers and click on Yes.
- Select Clear Cache and click on Yes.
- Press General and open Providers Timeout.
- Set it at 20 and click OK.
- Press General again and then click on Playback.
- Switch off Hosters with Captchas and click OK.
- On the Tools menu, select Subtitles.
- Click on Enable Subtitles and click on OK.
- If your internet connection is unstable, return to the Tools menu and select General.
- On the left side menu, press Playback.
- Open Max quality and click on Decrease.
Congratulations again! You now have the Covenant Kodi addon on your media center. To enjoy viewing movies and TV shows on Kodi without risking your privacy, consider installing a cheap and reliable VPN service like PrivateVPN.
We consider Covenant as one of the Best 3rd Party Addons For Kodi.