Diamond Shadow is a video addon popular for streaming the latest movies, TV shows, and YouTube videos. This addon is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia and the Kodi 19 Matrix, the latest version of Kodi. It is one of the best entertainment addons on Kodi, with a good rating among users.
You can install the Diamond Shadow addon from the Diamond Build in the Diamond Wizard Repository. This addon surfaced in the repository as an alternative to a previous addon known as Shadow on the Kodi 18 Leia version.
The Diamond Shadow addon is popular with cord-cutters; alternatively, you can use it as a streaming option if you have a jailbroken Amazon Fire TV stick.
Diamond Shadow Kodi Add-on Categories
Diamond Shadow has a simple user interface with well-arranged categories. The categories in this addon include:
- TV Shows
- Resume Watching
- The last link played
- Odds N Ends
- Search Actor
- Search history
- Trakt Account
- What’s New
- Kids- YouTube
- Sports- YouTube
- Trakt Movie/TV
- RD Torrents
- My RD history
Channels Under The Movies Section
This section contains hundreds of movies divided into different genres as follows:
- 1 Click Debrid
- Popular movies
- Most Popular Actors
- Top Box Office(Weekly)
- Actors Big List
- Genre Keywords
Diamond Shadow Add-on Installation Requirements
There are few things you need to do before you can enjoy Diamond Shadow’s content. Firstly, this addon is not on the list of official Kodi repository addons. For this reason, you need to change your Kodi settings to allow installation from unknown sources.
- Go to Home Screen, click on the gear icon, click on system, select “add-ons” on the left side menu, allow installation from “Unknown Sources”, click “yes” when the warning popup appears.
Secondly, although Diamond Shadow provides free content, most of the top-quality streaming requires a paid subscription. Therefore, you’ll need to subscribe to a Debrid service to stream top-notch content. A Debrid service provides buffer-free and uninterrupted streaming with most Kodi addons.
The addon supports the following Debrid services:
- All Debrid
- Real Debrid
Without this subscription, you can only access a few free videos. Here is the repository location and addon information you need to successfully install Diamond Shadow addon:
- Name of the addon: Diamond Shadow
- Repository name: Diamond Wizard Repository
- Category: Media sources
- Media Source Name: Diamond
- Latest working URL: https://diamondbuild.xyz/
It's important to understand that streaming movies and TV shows on any of the 3rd party Kodi addons may be subject to copyright issues. This is because some of the 3rd party Kodi addons are essentially accessing content that is otherwise behind the paywall. On top of it, many of the free streaming applications are hosted in insecure servers which means that your streaming devices are exposed to hacking risks. Users who love to stay in bed throughout the weekend and watch content on Kodi are also exposed to ISP throttling. This means that your internet service provider may deliberately slow down your internet connection if it detects too excessive streaming activity at your end. To avoid potential hacking risk, ISP throttling, government surveillance, and Geo-restrictions on the content you are trying to watch, we recommend using a VPN. Here are the key benefits of hiding your IP (using VPN): 1) You can access Geo-restricted content. 2) You can avoid ISP throttling. 3) You can avoid unwanted surveillance by government agencies and ISPs. 4) You can protect yourself from hackers. Connect VPN on all of your streaming devices (iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) and enjoy worry-free & high-speed movie experience 24/7. The BEST VPN providers on the planet are: 1) Get CyberGhost - 45-Days Money-Back Guarantee 2) Get ExpressVPN - 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee 3) Get PrivateVPN - 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
Step-by-Step Guide To Install Diamond Build Repository and Diamond Shadow Kodi Addon
Installing Diamond Build Repository
- Go to Home Screen, click on Gear Icon, click on File Manager;
- Click Add Source, Click None, Type in the URL “https://diamondbuild.xyz/” and click Done;
- Pick a name for the repository (i.e. Diamond) and enter it in the bottom box and click OK;
- Click back until you are in the Main Menu, select Addons on the left side;
- Click on the Box Symbol (top left corner), Choose Install From ZIP file, click Yes when a warning appears;
- Open “Diamond” Source and choose this file: “repository.diamond-wizard-repo-k19-xx.xx.zip”
- A notification saying “Installed Successfully” will appear.
Installing Diamond Shadow Kodi Addon
- Go to Home Screen, find Add-ons on the left side, select the box symbol (top left corner) to get to the Addon Browser;
- Click on Install From Repository, choose Diamond Build Repo, click on Video Addons in the category section;
- Click on Diamond Shadow and hit install, select OK to confirm the installation of dependencies (don’t appear in Kodi 19 Matrix);
- A notification saying “Installed Successfully” will appear;
- You have now downloaded Diamond Shadow to Kodi.
Diamond Shadow works perfectly with both Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix versions. As for the operating systems, this addon is compatible with Android, Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, MAC, Amazon Firestick, IOS, and Windows.
Although this addon primarily displays its content in English, you can download subtitles in other languages using a third-party addon such as OpenSubtitles.
- The Oath is a high-quality kodi addon with multiple streaming links for movies and TV shows. Like Diamond Shadow, this addon relies on Real Debrid to stream top-notch content.
- Asgard is an all-in-one addon found in the Narcacist repository. Asgard has tons of movies, TV shows, animation, documentaries, and sports.
- Venom addon also provides movies and TV shows and is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia and 19 Matrix.
Common Issues With Diamond Shadow Add-on
Diamond Shadow Kodi Addon Displays ‘No Stream Available’ Error
When you attempt to stream videos on Diamond Shadow, but the ‘No Stream Available’ notification pops up, it means the addon cannot locate a streaming link matching the content you’ve searched for. There are several reasons why this error occurs.
The reasons include:
- Your internet service provider (ISP) has blocked content from specific sites.
- The stream you are searching for is currently unavailable on the internet.
- There is a buildup of cache.
- The content you are looking for has been removed from the internet.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- The providers on the addon menu are disabled.
Here are different ways to solve the ‘No Stream Available’ error:
Use A VPN
If you cannot get a streaming link due to restrictions by your ISP, using a VPN will resolve this problem. In addition, a VPN conceals your location, making it difficult for your provider to censor the content you’re accessing.
Clear Cache And Kodi Search History
Searching for a lot of content on Kodi without clearing cache results in a full video storage cache. A buildup of cache slows down the addon and can also make your device hang or freeze, which is why you may encounter the ‘No Stream Available’ error.
Clearing cache rids your search engines of accumulated data and links, giving you a fresh and seamless streaming experience. It also increases the loading speed, preventing buffers in the process.
To clear the cache on Diamond Shadow, head over to your device’s settings and select the Clear Cache option. You may also use a Kodi maintenance tool such as SG Wizard to clear browsing data across all devices connected to your Kodi account.
Check And Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection
A faulty internet connection may fail to complete the data path between your addon and the information databases. It may be the reason why you encounter the ‘No Stream Available’ error. Try troubleshooting your network problems in the following ways:
- Reboot your router by unplugging or turning off the power source for a few minutes. After plugging it back or turning it on again, the problem should disappear.
- Unplug your cable or modem, let it rest for a few minutes, then re-insert it to the source.
- Check your internet speeds and increase them if they are too slow. Real-Debrid offers a fast streaming experience, so if you have not configured your addon with it, do so and check if it fixes the error.
- If your internet speeds are slow, streaming lower resolution videos may help eliminate the error.
Enable Kodi Providers
The ‘No Stream Available’ error can also be a result of disabled providers on an addon. Check if this feature is disabled in Kodi settings and enable it.
If the feature is enabled, first disable it, wait for a few minutes, then enable it again. The error should go away if the providers were the problem.
Set Up And Use A Proxy Server
Although a VPN will help you bypass geo-restrictions put in place by your ISP, you may run into the ‘No Stream Available’ error if your Debrid service has blacklisted that VPN. Check the status of your VPN on your Debrid account to ascertain if it is permitted.
In case the VPN is blocked, disable it and use a proxy server as an alternative. A proxy server will help you access geo-restricted sites without compromising on quality, thanks to Debrid services.
Update The Add-On
One of the reasons you may receive the ‘No Stream Available’ error is using an outdated Kodi addon. For that reason, it is always advisable to ensure the Diamond Shadow version you are using is the latest. It should also be compatible with the Kodi version you have installed on your device.
Whenever the developer avails an update, make sure to update your addon also. Additionally, you may uninstall and reinstall the addon to give it a fresh start.
If you make all these changes and the ‘No Stream Available’ error persists, then it is possible the video you are searching for is not yet available for streaming or has been removed from streaming sites. This is usually the case when you want to stream yet-to-be-released movies or TV shows with daily episodes.
Diamond Shadow Add-on Fails To Start
There are a few reasons why a Kodi addon won’t launch or launches and then collapses unexpectedly. Some of these reasons include:
Full Cache Storage
One of the primary causes is a full video storage cache. Clearing cache and all data should fix that issue. Remember to restart Kodi after clearing the cache.
Incorrect Proxy Settings
The other reason why a Kodi addon fails to launch is incorrect proxy settings. For an addon to work seamlessly, the proxy server and port number on Kodi should be the same as those in your home network. This may be the reason your addon fails to launch when using a restaurant’s or friend’s Wi-Fi network.
Check if Kodi and the network you are using have the same proxy server and port number. If you notice a deviation, match the settings and restart your addon. The issue should resolve after inputting the correct proxy settings.
Diamond Shadow Fails To Play Links Or Requires Stream Authorization
Sometimes, you may search for a video on Diamond Shadow addon, and the streaming link appears. But then, after clicking on the link, you receive a notification stating: ‘To Play This Video, Streaming Authorization Is Required.”
In most cases, the video fails to play due to any of the following reasons:
- Your addon requires a Debrid subscription, and you have not topped up your account.
- You are using a select source feature that requires you to pair the addon with a foreign site to play the video.
- Your URLResolver is faulty.
Here is a list of possible ways to solve the issue:
- Ensure your Debrid service is paid for and active.
- Manage dependencies by disabling the Openload URLResolver then restarting Kodi.
- Change your playback settings to disable hosters with captchas. If you are using the free Diamond Shadow, it is an indication the free hosters are incompatible with the links. Migrating to a paid hoster will resolve the authorization message.
- Pair your hoster site with your Kodi account. You can do this using a static Internet Protocol (IP) address specifically credited to your devices.
Diamond Shadow Add-on Shows ‘Error Check Log For More Information.
When this issue appears on Kodi, it may be due to several reasons. These include a full video cache, an outdated addon, or faulty internet connection. To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Clear cache through the device’s settings or a Kodi maintenance wizard.
- Restart Kodi and launch the addon.
- Check the log file or head over to the Kodi community forum and see if they’re people who have experienced the same issue and how they solved it.
Diamond Shadow Add-on Says, ‘The Dependencies Could Not Be Satisfied.
When your Kodi addon displays this issue, the problem lies in the python code incompatibility. To solve this, ensure you are using a Kodi version that is up to date and compatible with Diamond Shadow. This addon works best with Kodi 18 Leia and 19 Matrix.
In addition, remember to constantly update your Kodi addons as soon as the developers avail a new version.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Diamond Show Kodi Addon
What Makes The Diamond Shadow Kodi Add-On Popular?
The Diamond Shadow addon is famous for its latest movies and TV shows.
Can You Access The Diamond Shadow Add-On Without A Debrid Subscription?
Yes, you can. Diamond Shadow provides both free videos and premium content. However, to access the best content, you need to subscribe to a Debrid service. You can still access some pretty good content with the non-Debrid version, but it has limited options.
Is The Diamond Shadow Kodi Add-on Legal?
Diamond Shadow addon is legal, and you won’t get into any trouble streaming content on this addon. The addon contains links to videos available in the public domain. However, streaming copyrighted material may cause trouble with content regulators and government watchdogs.
Do I Need To Use A VPN With Diamond Shadow Kodi Addon?
It is a great idea to use a VPN with this addon. A VPN hides your IP address and helps you mask the content you are streaming from eavesdroppers, government agencies, and your ISP. As a result, your private data remains confidential, and hackers cannot launch malware attacks on your devices.
Does The Diamond Shadow Addon Still Work In 2021?
Yes, it does. It is regularly updated and works on both Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix.
To recap, the Diamond Shadow is a decorated version of the now-defunct Shadow addon. This addon is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia and 19 Matrix and works perfectly with Android, Mac, iOS, Windows, and Fire Stick TV.
Although Diamond Shadow requires a Debrid subscription, free users can still access limited videos on the non-Debrid version. The Debrid version allows streaming of high-quality and up-to-date movies and TV shows without buffering.