Exodus was arguably one of the best entertainment addons available on Kodi. But, it was discontinued in 2018, and the original developers ditched it altogether. In 2020, Exodus Redux, a fork of the original Exodus, was launched.
Both have the same logo and interface, but they are two different addons. The Exodus Redux addon is faster thanks to the Lampard scrappers and regular software updates.
This addon has many features and categories, such as movies, TV shows, documentaries, sports channels, kids’ shows, and more.
Here’s all you need to know about it.
Exodus Redux is a third-party addon, meaning you will need to install it from a third-party repository. To do this, you need to allow installation from unknown sources from Kodi settings.
After that, install the Exodus Redux repository, which is the home of the Exodus Redux addon.
You will also need to integrate the addon with Real-Debrid to access multiple high-quality links within the shortest time possible.
Here is all the necessary information:
- Name of the add on: Exodus Redux
- Repository name: IAC
- Category: Media sources
- Media source name: Exodus
- Latest working URL: https://i-a-c.github.io/
First Things First – Enable Installation From Unknown Sources
Go to Home Screen, click on the gear icon, click on system, select “add-ons” on the left side menu, allow installation from “Unknown Sources”, click “yes” when the warning popup appears.
Installing Exodus Redux Repository
- Go to Home Screen, click on Gear Icon, click on File Manager;
- Click Add Source, Click None, Type in the URL “https://i-a-c.github.io” and click Done;
- Pick a name for the repository (i.e. REDUX) and enter it in the bottom box and click OK;
- Click back until you are in the Main Menu, select Addons on the left side;
- Click on the Box Symbol (top left corner), Choose Install From ZIP file, click Yes when a warning appears;
- Open “REDUX” Source and choose this file: “repository.exodusredux-0.0.6.zip”
- A notification saying “Installed Successfully” will appear.
Installing Exodus Redux Kodi Addon
- Go to Home Screen, find Add-ons on the left side, select the box symbol (top left corner) to get to the Addon Browser;
- Click on Install From Repository, choose Exodus Repo, click on Video Addons in the category section;
- Click on Exodus and hit install, select OK to confirm the installation of dependencies (don’t appear in Kodi 19 Matrix);
- A notification saying “Installed Successfully” will appear;
- You have now downloaded Exodus to Kodi. You can now access the addon from the main menu.
Here are some of the features of the Exodus Redux addon:
- Has Open and Lambda scrappers, which guarantee high-quality links from the internet.
- Regularly updated, preventing multiple errors.
- Supports Track.tv and non-English streams
- Scraps over 50 media sources.
The original Exodus V8 addon was one of the first third-party Kodi addons to be built. Unfortunately, Exodus Redux, a fork of Exodus V8, is still not compatible with the latest Kodi 19 Matrix version. Instead, it can only work on Kodi 18.1, 18.2, and 17.6.
Exodus Redux Kodi Addon Alternatives
Exodus Redux is arguably one of the best entertainment Kodi addons available, but it is not compatible with the new Kodi 19 update. If you’re looking for a worthy alternative, here are a few options:
Movie Theater Butter offers free access to lots of movies, documentaries, and TV shows. In addition, it features content in over 30 languages.
Venom offers premium content and comes equipped with advanced features, such as a YouTube section, library integration, Real-Debrid, Trakt TV support, and so on.
Asgard is a great alternative if you want an all-around entertainment hub; it features movies, TV shows, anime, sports, documentaries, animation, and so on. Besides, it is compatible with the latest Kodi version.
Exodus Redux Problems and Troubleshooting Tips
Once in a while, you are bound to encounter various errors with the Exodus Redux addon, as discussed below.
No Stream Available Error
This error may appear because of the following issues:
- Outdated version of Exodus Redux.
- Attempting to stream Ultra High Definition (UHD) content with an unstable internet connection.
- Unavailable content.
- Problems with your internet service provider.
- A component in your network connection prevents Exodus from accessing the content you desire.
Here’s how to fix these issues.
Check Video Availability and Network Connection
You may encounter this error when accessing geo-restricted content on Kodi.
To fix it:
- Conduct a free online speed test (fast.com is a great alternative) to check if your ISP has throttled your connection.
- Compare the internet speed when not connected to a VPN with the speed when connected.
- Reboot your device, relaunch Kodi and then search for the video once again.
Update Your Exodus Redux Version
Check the Exodus Redux repository to ensure you have the latest version. If your version is outdated, install the latest, and restart Kodi.
Clear Cache and Excess Data
Accumulated cache causes streams to lag, leading to the ‘No Stream Available’ error. You can easily clear cache data by heading over to the Tools section then clicking on Clear Cache or Clear Providers.
Check the Providers’ Timeout Option
Each provider has a timeout option that displays the ‘No Stream Available’ error if the video you are trying to watch does not load within a stipulated time. If your internet is slow and you want to access High Definition content, it would be best to alter the timeout speed to 60 seconds.
Invest In a Great VPN
Attempting to access geo-restricted content could cause the ‘No Streams Available’ error. In such cases, either your ISP or the government has blocked the content you’re trying to access. A VPN helps bypass such restrictions by masking your IP address.
Video Cannot Play
This error appears when you attempt to load a video that’s too large or corrupted.
Whenever the Exodus Redux detects that the video you want to play is corrupted, it will automatically stop streaming and display the ‘Video Cannot Play’ error. In this case, all you need to do is choose an alternative link.
The error might also appear because of playback problems, missing frames, audio-video syncing errors, misplaced subtitles, etc. When that happens, you will need to perform an advanced video repair.
To do this, upload the problematic video on video repairing apps such as Wondershare Repairit video repair.
Change the Video Playback Quality
You will most likely encounter this error if the video you are trying to access is of High Definition, yet your internet speed is slow. To fix this, change the video quality from settings or choose a video with a lower resolution. You have three options to choose from; Ultra High Definition (4K), High Definition (HD), and Standard Definition.
It is worth noting that the Exodus Redux is legal, but streaming prohibited, geo-restricted, or copyrighted material can still land you in trouble with the authorities. For this reason, it is imperative to connect to a VPN to hide your IP address.
The difference between Exodus Redux and Exodus V8
Exodus V8 was discontinued in 2018 and is not available on Kodi anymore. Exodus Redux is a fork of the original Exodus; an independent developer created it hoping to revive the original Exodus V8 addon.
Frequently Asked Questions About Exodus Redux
Does Exodus Redux Work on the Amazon Fire Stick?
Yes, Exodus Redux works on all Kodi-compatible devices.
Does Exodus Redux Still Work In 2021?
Yes, but it doesn’t work with the latest Kodi version.
Can I Download Content on the Exodus Redux Platform?
Yes, you can, but you’ll first need to enable downloads from Kodi settings.
Is Exodus Redux Free?
Yes, it is free.
Do I Need A VPN to Use Exodus?
Not really, but using a VPN will protect your privacy and reduce your bandwidth by 50%, which in return improves the content quality.
How Do I Update Exodus Redux?
On Kodi’s homepage, click Addons on the left menu, and then click Update on the addon information page.
Exodus Redux is slowly reclaiming its predecessor’s position as one of the best Kodi entertainment addons. It comes equipped with open scrappers that guarantee high-quality links in seconds, an easy-to-use interface, and a vast content library.