IcDrama is an add-on that mainly focuses on Asian movies. The add-on features Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, and Korean drama shows from the IcDrama.se website. The IcDrama.se website is no longer functional but having the add-on on your device provides the same content that used to be on the website.
Installing the add-on on Kodi gives you access to Asian action films, comedies, documentaries, anime series, manga, romantic movies and TV shows, and dramas. The add-on collects links from different sources on the internet and then provides them for viewer selection.
With fast internet, you can even stream High Definition (HD) movies with the IcDrama Kodi addon.
Unfortunately, the Icdrama Kodi addon does not support link scrappers. These are small scripts used to retrieve metadata information from websites when searching for content on the internet.
If you’re a fan of Asian movies, follow the steps below to install the IcDrama Kodi addon.
The addon isn’t Kodi 19 Matrix YET. However, it’s likely that developers will update the addon soon. Check out the alternatives section below to learn which adult addons are compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix.
How Not To F*ck Up Your Kodi Experience: Streaming movies and TV shows on any of the 3rd party Kodi-addons may be illegal in your country due to copyright issues. Consider using a VPN if you truly care about protecting your online privacy. Here are the key benefits of hiding your IP (using VPN): 1) Encrypts your internet traffic. 2) You can access Geo-restricted content. 3) You can avoid ISP throttling. 4) You can avoid unwanted surveillance by government agencies and ISPs. 5) You can protect yourself from hackers. Connect VPN on all of your streaming devices (iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) and enjoy worry-free & high-speed movie experience 24/7. The Most Popular VPN Providers Among Kodi Users Are: 1) Get CyberGhost - 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee 2) Get ExpressVPN - 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee 3) Get PrivateVPN - 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
First Things First – Enable Unknown Sources
Go to Home Screen, click on the gear icon, click on system, select “add-ons” on the left side menu, allow installation from “Unknown Sources”, click “yes” when the warning popup appears.
After successfully allowing installation from unknown sources, we can now move ahead and install IcDrama Kodi addon.
How To Install Kodi IcDrama Addon
- Go back to the Kodi home screen and click on the Settings icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Under System, click on File Manager.
- You’ll see a list of options listed under File Manager; click on Add source.
- Under the Add File Source window, click on None.
- Enter the path for media location by typing the official GitHub source URL of IcDrama: URL https://aznhusband.github.io/repo then click OK.
- Under Enter A Name For This Media Source, type IcDrama Kodi addon or whatever you prefer to call it, then click OK.
- You’ll see the source (IcDrama Kodi addon) appearing on both sides of your Kodi window.
- Launch your Kodi home screen, and select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
- Select Package Installer, represented by a box icon near Settings.
- Under the Add-ons window, click on Install From Zip File.
- Under the Install From Zip File window, click on IcDrama or whatever name you gave the file earlier.
- On the window that appears, select repository.aznhusband-Kodi-repo-x.x.x.zip (the name may be slightly different).
- Wait for a few seconds until you receive the azhusband Repo Installed message on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Install From Repository.
- On the list of repositories, select aznhusband Kodi repo.
- On the window that appears next, click on Video Add-ons.
- You’ll see a list of add-ons; click on IcDrama.
- Under the IcDrama window, click on the Install button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On the next window, select OK to begin the installation.
You’ll see the message Addon IcDrama Is Installed when installation is successful.
How To Launch The IcDrama Kodi Addon
When the installation is complete, it’s time to watch your favorite Asian movies. To launch IcDrama Kodi addon, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Kodi home screen and select Video Add-ons found on the left side of the screen.
- You’ll see a list of all Kodi add-ons you’ve installed. Select IcDrama and launch it.
- You’ll see various categories listed, e.g., HK Drama, HK Movies, Taiwanese Drama, Chinese movies, etc. Click on your preferred category.
- Alternatively, you can use the search button to look up the name of an Asian movie of your choice. When it appears, click on it to begin watching.
How To Update The IcDrama Kodi Addon
Always ensure you update Kodi add-ons because the software may freeze or crash if you use an obsolete add-on version. Updating Kodi add-ons fixes bugs within the application, introduces new features, and removes outdated ones.
A new stable add-on version might boost the application’s performance and install new dependencies. The Kodi application relies on several dependencies to function correctly; if one dependency fails, it may affect Kodi’s performance.
Dependencies may be in the form of scrapers or URL resolvers, but IcDrama only uses URL resolvers since it doesn’t support scrappers.
Not updating Kodi add-ons may compromise security. An attacker can easily send malware to your device and steal sensitive data. That’s why it is advisable to always check for the latest Kodi add-on versions or, better still, use a VPN like Private VPN in the process.
To check for the latest IcDrama Kodi addon version to reduce system vulnerabilities and fix security flaws, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Kodi home screen and click on Add-ons
- Select Settings, represented by a box icon.
- Click on My Add-ons.
- Select Video Add-ons on the list that appears.
- You’ll see a list of all Kodi add-ons installed; find IcDrama Kodi addon and click on it.
- Click on the Update button found near Configure.
- You’ll see a list of all available IcDrama versions. Select the version that appears top of the list because it’s usually the latest version. If the version is marked green, that means it’s already installed on your device.
- Wait for the download and installation of the add-on. You’ll see the message Addon IcDrama Is Installed when installation is successful.
IcDrama Kodi Addon Not Working
There are several quick ways to troubleshoot a Kodi add-on that’s not working. If you find that the IcDrama add-on freezes or crashes, try the solutions below:
- Exit the add-on window and relaunch it.
- Check for the latest version of the IcDrama Kodi addon and update it.
- Restart Kodi – Restarting the application usually works if the entire Kodi app is not responsive.
- Suppose the exit button is not responsive too, reboot or power off your device. The add-on should work normally after restarting the device.
- Uninstall the IcDrama Kodi addon, then re-install. Some Kodi add-ons may crash for no apparent reason; the best thing to do, in that case, is to re-install the faulty addon.
No Streams Available
If you encounter a No Streams Available error or you’re unable to watch content using the IcDrama Kodi addon, the best thing to do is to update the add-on. If the IcDrama add-on is up-to-date, but you still encounter the error, try and fix it by following the steps below:
- Launch the Kodi home screen and click on Add-ons.
- Select Scraper Settings.
- Select Disable All Providers.
- Select Enable All Providers.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
The above process ensures you only fetch content from updated providers available online and may fix the No Streams Available error.
IcDrama Displays Failed To Resolve URL Error
Recently, the IcDrama add-on started using the ResolveURL plugin instead of URLResolver. If you have not updated your IcDrama add-on, you may encounter the Failed To Resolve URL Error.
The best thing to do is update IcDrama Kodi addon from settings; this should resolve the issue. If updating the add-on does not solve the problem, try updating the dependencies by following the procedure below:
- Launch Kodi and click on Settings.
- Click on System Settings and select the Add-ons tab.
- Click on Manage Dependencies.
- Click on URLResolver and then Update.
Kindly ensure that you’re connected to the internet before initiating the process of updating Kodi dependencies. If you still see the error message after updating the dependencies, uninstall the IcDrama add-on, then re-install it.
Buffering And Video Stuttering Issues While Watching Content On The IcDrama Kodi Addon
If you experience buffering and lagging issues while watching movies and TV shows using the IcDrama add-on, it may be due to several reasons. However, the most common reason is slow internet. To fix this, ensure your internet speed is at least 5 Mbps.
If the internet speed is fast enough and you still experience buffering, reduce the video quality from HD to Standard Definition (SD).
Alternatively, if you want to stick to watching HD content on the IcDrama video add-on, you’ll need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and increase your connection speed to at least 10 Mbps. Such a speed is enough to stream HD content without buffering.
You can also use a wired network instead of Wi-Fi to improve the strength of your connection. If this does not work, check if your ISP is throttling your internet connection. Throttling is the act of deliberately slowing down a user’s internet connection because they’re using too much bandwidth.