4K is a video add-on developed by NaR for streaming movies and TV shows on Kodi. As the name suggests, this add-on fetches high-quality links in 4K resolution.
It has a simple user interface with sections such as movies by years, genres, alphabetical order, and TV shows. In addition, the add-on’s homepage has a main section category with sub-sections such as classic movies and A-Z movies.
The 4K Kodi add-on is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia and 19 Matrix.
Initially, it was relatively new when Kodi 19 was launched but has since become popular due to its high-quality links. You can integrate it with Real-Debrid to pull high-quality links from the internet.
You can also integrate this add-on with Trakt to sync your streaming links across various Kodi-connected devices.
4K Kodi Add-On Sections
The sections in this add-on include:
- Main section Movies by Year
- Movie Alphabetically
- Movies Box Sets
- Movies Genres
- Kids Movies
- TV shows
Main Section Sub-Categories
Sub-categories under this section include:
- 4K Movies
- 4K TV Shows
- 4K A-Z Movies
- 4K Back to the Future Box Set
- 4K Beverly Hills Cop Box Set
- 4K Bourne Box Set
- 4K Classic Movies
- 4K Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Box Set
- 4K Underworld Box Set
- 4K Pirates of the Caribbean Box Set
- 4K The Mummy Box set
4K Add-On Installation Prerequisites
For starters, 4K is not an official Kodi add-on; Kodi disables installation from third-party sources by default, and that’s why you need to allow installation from unknown sources on the Kodi settings.
Secondly, 4K is a Debrid-only add-on, meaning you need to open a Real Debrid account and configure it with the add-on. The following Real –Debrid accounts are compatible with the 4K add-on:
- All Debrid
The last requirement is to integrate the add-on with Trakt TV. Trakt synchronizes your streaming links and file libraries across all your Kodi-connected devices. This feature allows you to keep track of videos you’ve watched, resume watching, and so on.
4K Kodi Add-On Information
- Name of the add-on: 4K
- Repository name: Narcacist’s Wizard Repository
- Category: Media Sources
- Media source name: Narcacist
- Latest working URL: http://www.narcacist.com/repo/
How Not To F*ck Up Your Kodi Experience: Streaming movies and TV shows on any of the 3rd party Kodi-addons may be illegal in your country due to copyright issues. Consider using a VPN if you truly care about protecting your online privacy. Here are the key benefits of hiding your IP (using VPN): 1) Encrypts your internet traffic. 2) You can access Geo-restricted content. 3) You can avoid ISP throttling. 4) You can avoid unwanted surveillance by government agencies and ISPs. 5) You can protect yourself from hackers. Connect VPN on all of your streaming devices (iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) and enjoy worry-free & high-speed movie experience 24/7. The Most Popular VPN Providers Among Kodi Users Are: 1) Get CyberGhost - 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee 2) Get ExpressVPN - 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee 3) Get PrivateVPN - 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
First Things First – Enable Installation From Unknown Sources
Go to Home Screen, click on the gear icon, click on system, select “add-ons” on the left side menu, allow installation from “Unknown Sources”, click “yes” when the warning popup appears.
Installing Narcacist’s Wizard Repository
- Go to Home Screen, click on Gear Icon, click on File Manager;
- Click Add Source, Click None, Type in the URL “http://narcacist.com/repo” and click Done;
- Pick a name for the repository (i.e. Narcacist) and enter it in the bottom box and click OK;
- Click back until you are in the Main Menu, select Addons on the left side;
- Click on the Box Symbol (top left corner), Choose Install From ZIP file, click Yes when a warning appears;
- Open “Narcacist” Source and choose this file: “repository.NarcasistWizard.zip”
- A notification saying “Installed Successfully” will appear.
Installing 4K Kodi Addon
- Go to Home Screen, find Add-ons on the left side, select the box symbol (top left corner) to get to the Addon Browser;
- Click on Install From Repository, choose Narcacist’s Wizard Repo, click on Video Addons in the category section;
- Click on 4K and hit install, select OK to confirm the installation of dependencies (don’t appear in Kodi 19 Matrix);
- A notification saying “Installed Successfully” will appear;
- You have now downloaded 4K to Kodi. You can now access the addon from the main menu.
The 4K add-on is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia and 19 Matrix. It’s also compatible with Android, Mac, iOS, Windows, and Linux devices.
4K is dependent on a Real-Debrid account to stream high-quality videos. But if it doesn’t work for you, check out these alternatives:
- Asgard is also housed in The Narcacist’s Wizard Repo. It provides high-quality movies, TV shows, documentaries, and animations. In addition, you can access the non-Debrid section videos if you don’t have a Debrid subscription.
- Housed in the StreamArmy repo, the EnterTain ME add-on offers high-quality links for movies and TV shows. It is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia and 19 Matrix.
- Tubi TV provides high-quality movies and TV shows on the most popular genres. It is an official Kodi add-on, compatible with Leia and Matrix.
Common Issues With 4K Add-On
You might encounter some issues using the 4K add-on to stream content on Kodi, as discussed below.
4K Add-On Shows the ‘No Stream Available’ Error
Unlike Netflix, Kodi does not own the content it airs. The videos you stream originate from other sites with the help of web scrapers.
For this reason, when the scrapers are faulty, or the request is interrupted, you might encounter this error.
Here are some additional reasons for the ‘No Stream Available’ error:
- The video you are searching for is currently unavailable on the internet.
- Your internet service provider has blocked access to certain sites.
- Faulty internet connection.
- Accumulation of Kodi cache.
- The add-on is obsolete.
Now let’s head over to the solutions.
Clear Kodi Cache
When you browse and stream videos on Kodi over time, it leads to the accumulation of cache and browsing history. It is therefore advisable to clear this cache after a while to refresh the app.
A cache buildup can cause the Kodi add-on to freeze or return searches with the ‘No Stream Available’ error.
To clear the cache on the 4K add-on, head over to the settings option and click Clear Cache. You can also clear all the cache from your device via the device’s settings or a Kodi maintenance tool such as the SG wizard.
Restart the Kodi app after clearing the cache.
Use a VPN or a Proxy Server To Bypass ISP Restrictions
If your ISP has blocked the hoster sites you intend to access, opt for a VPN or a proxy server to circumvent the firewall. 4K is a Debrid add-on (Debrid restricts some VPNs); for this reason, check the official Debrid site to ascertain if your VPN is whitelisted.
If your VPN has been blacklisted, you may use a proxy server to access the restricted sites.
Troubleshoot Faulty Internet Connection
Slow or broken internet may cause the 4K Kodi ‘No Stream Available’ error. This is because the connection is timed out or interrupted before returning the desired response to your request.
Here’s what to do when that happens:
- Turn off the router or disconnect it from the socket for a few minutes, then turn it on again.
- Reboot your modem and remove the internet card for a few minutes, then re-insert it in the modem.
Check Your Debrid Subscription
4K cannot provide links without an active Real Debrid account. Check your Debrid subscription and top-up if expired. If that was the problem, topping up the account should fix the error.
Enable All Kodi Providers
Most third-party Kodi add-ons use shared external providers to pull streams from the internet. Ensure all the providers are enabled before streaming content on 4K. You may disable all of them, restart Kodi then enable them again.
Update the Add-On
Using an out-of-date add-on may also cause this kind of error. If you can’t update the add-on for whatever reason, consider uninstalling the add-on and then install the latest version.
If the issue persists, the video is likely not available on the internet or has been pulled down from the internet.
4K Add-On Fails To Launch
When your 4K add-on fails to launch or runs for some seconds then stops, it could be because of incorrect proxy settings or cache buildup.
Incorrect Proxy Settings
For a Kodi add-on to work seamlessly, your Kodi-connected device’s port number, proxy server, and those of your network should match. This is why Kodi fails to launch when using a restaurant, library, or a public park’s Wi-Fi.
Match the proxy settings and check if it fixes the problem.
Buildup of Cache
An accumulation of streaming cache slows down an add-on’s performance. This is because the add-on responds to too much cache by failing to start or stopping moments after launching.
Clear the cache to resolve this issue.
4K Add-On Fails To Play Links or Requires Authorization
When you click on a link, and it fails to play or shows the ‘To Play This Video, Streaming Authorization Is Required’ error, you can narrow down the issue to the following causes:
- Your Debrid subscription has expired.
- Autoplay playback settings.
- The URL resolver is broken.
To solve this issue, try any of the following solutions:
- Top up your Debrid subscription.
- Troubleshoot the URLResolver by disabling the Openload URLResolver, restarting Kodi, then enabling the URLResolver again.
- Switch your playback settings to Source Select.
- Use a static Internet Protocol (IP) address; this kind of IP requires your Kodi devices to pair with hoster sites only once, and then the device will pair automatically the next time.
4K Add-On Shows’ Error Check Log for More Information’
You may encounter the ‘Error Check Log for More Information’ issue when streaming content on 4K. This error occurs due to the following reasons:
- Outdated add-on.
- Cache buildup.
- Lost or unstable connection.
Simply clear the Kodi cache, then restart the app to solve this error.
4K Add-On Says ‘The Dependencies Could Not Be Satisfied’
When you encounter this error on 4K, it indicates that the add-on version is not compatible with the Kodi version you’ve installed. To solve this problem, make sure the add-on version is compatible with Kodi. 4K is compatible with both Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix.
Frequently Asked Questions About 4K Kodi Addon
Is the 4K Kodi add-on legal?
Yes, the 4K Kodi add-on is 100% legal.
Is the 4K Kodi Add-on Free?
No. You need a Real –Debrid account to stream content on 4K.
Do I Need a VPN With the 4K Kodi Add-On?
A VPN is essential when streaming content on the 4K add-on. It conceals your original IP address and can circumvent geo-restrictions.
Does the 4K Kodi Add-On Still Work in 2021?
Yes, it does.
To recap, 4K is a video add-on that delivers movies and TV shows in 4K quality on Kodi. It is a Debrid-only add-on created by the developer behind the Asgard video add-on. You can integrate it with Trakt TV and synchronize your file libraries across Kodi-connected devices. Lastly, the 4K Kodi add-on is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia and 19 Matrix.