What is Catch-Up TV?
Catch-Up TV is an all-in-one Kodi addon for streaming Live TV, videos, TV Shows, international news and TV catch-up. It is a third-party addon that scrapes content from other websites.
Catch-Up TV Kodi addon is compatible with the Kodi 19 Matrix, as well as earlier versions including Jarvis (16), Krypton (17), and Leia (18). However, the Jarvis version doesn’t seem to perform optimally as it is no longer being updated.
This addon allows you to stream a wide range of media content, including Live TV from major international channels such as ABC News, CBS News, Sky News, CCTV-1, CCTV-2, TBD and Blaze. You also get to watch content from 18 different countries including France, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Japan, Belgium and more. The on-demand feature gives you access to the most recent episodes of popular TV shows as soon as they air.
The video quality is decent. You can stream videos in 720p HD quality for most sources, although a few more options are available for 1080p HD resolution.
The addon is developed by WWark and SylvainCecchetto.
It's important to understand that streaming movies and TV shows on any of the 3rd party Kodi addons may be subject to copyright issues. This is because some of the 3rd party Kodi addons are essentially accessing content that is otherwise behind the paywall. On top of it, many of the free streaming applications are hosted in insecure servers which means that your streaming devices are exposed to hacking risks. Users who love to stay in bed throughout the weekend and watch content on Kodi are also exposed to ISP throttling. This means that your internet service provider may deliberately slow down your internet connection if it detects too excessive streaming activity at your end. To avoid potential hacking risk, ISP throttling, government surveillance, and Geo-restrictions on the content you are trying to watch, we recommend using a VPN. Here are the key benefits of hiding your IP (using VPN): 1) You can access Geo-restricted content. 2) You can avoid ISP throttling. 3) You can avoid unwanted surveillance by government agencies and ISPs. 4) You can protect yourself from hackers. Connect VPN on all of your streaming devices (iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) and enjoy worry-free & high-speed movie experience 24/7. The BEST VPN providers on the planet are: 1) Get CyberGhost - 45-Days Money-Back Guarantee 2) Get ExpressVPN - 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee 3) Get PrivateVPN - 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
Step-by-Step Guide To Install Catch-Up TV and More Repository and Catch-Up TV Kodi Addon
First Things First – Enable Unknown Sources
- Go to Home Screen, click on the gear icon, click on system, select “add-ons” on the left side menu, allow installation from “Unknown Sources”, click “yes” when the warning popup appears.
Installing Catch-Up TV and More Addons Repository
- Go to Home Screen, click on Gear Icon, click on File Manager;
- Click Add Source, Click None, Type in the URL “https://catch-up-tv-and-more.github.io/” and click Done;
- Pick a name for the repository (i.e. Catch-Up TV) and enter it in the bottom box, click OK;
- Click back until you are in the Main Menu, select Addons on the left side;
- Click on the Box Symbol (top left corner), choose Install From ZIP file, click Yes when a warning appears;
- Open “Catch-Up TV” Source and choose this file: “repository.catchuptvandmore.stable-x.x.x.zip” (the name may be slightly different)
- A notification saying “Installed Successfully” will appear.
Installing Catch-Up TV Kodi Addon
- Go to Home Screen, find Add-ons on the left side, select the box symbol (top left corner) to get to the Addon Browser;
- Click on Install From Repository, choose Catch-Up TV Addons Repository, click on Video Addons in the category section;
- Click on Catch-Up TV & More and hit install, select OK to confirm the installation of dependencies (don’t appear in Kodi 19 Matrix);
- A notification saying “Installed Successfully” will appear;
- You can now access the Catch-Up TV Kodi addon from the main menu.
Catch-Up TV Alternatives
- Rising Tides – This addon mainly focuses on sports and offers access to live sports channels, Live football and PPV events.
- Limitless – this addon offers comprehensive access to on-demand videos, 24/7 cable channels, and AirTable TV channels from countries around the world.
- Pluto.TV – this free live TV addon is perfect for streaming Live channels and streaming on-demand movies and TV shows. Currently, it has over 250 live channels from different countries and regions.
Catch-Up Sections and Channels
- Live TV – France, Belgium, International, United States of America, Japan, Canada, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Poland, Spain, Tunisia, Italy, Netherlands, China, Cameroon and much more.
- Catch-Up TV
Common Problems and Troubleshooting
As with most live TV addons, Catch-up TV users are likely to encounter a few common issues. These may include the following:
Catch-Up TV uses script.module.youtube-dl, an addon for playing content hosted by major video websites such as YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion.com. The Script.module.youtube-dl addon is also useful for download mode as it allows Catch-Up TV to download content from other websites.
You may get a notification indicating an issue with this addon when trying to play such content. First check whether the same content is playable in your browser to ascertain that the problem exists. Usually, this issue occurs when the version of youtube-dl is not updated. There’s no direct method to update this specific addon and you may have to use a work-around method to do so.
Depending on your platform, you can find the addon folder location from which you are going to update the files. Here are the file paths for the different platforms:
- Amazon Fire: /External storage/Android/Data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addon
- Linux: /home/[user]/.kodi/addons
- Windows: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons
- Android: /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons
- LibreELEC: /storage/.kodi/addons
- Shield Android TV: /internal/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons
Once you find the folder location, remove all files and directories present in the folder named: addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl.
Then paste this URL: https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/releases to download the latest version of youtube-dl. Once downloaded, extract the zip file and go to the folder named “youtube_dl”. Copy and paste the contents of the folder into the folder named addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl
This should solve the issue. You can try again to play the content and you should have no problems thereafter.
Error Check Log
The error check log issue is caused by a filled up app cache. To fix it, try clearing up the app cache in device settings. Reboot and see whether the problem has been fixed. If the error still persists, try installing Catch-Up TV from a different repository.
This type of error is caused by python code discrepancies in the Kodi app. Updating the latest version of Kodi can solve this issue. This is because the addon discrepancies update automatically when you update to the latest version of Kodi.
Stream authorization error
Quite often, you will be required to authorize a stream in order to play your media content. This is not a technical error with the addon. However, it limits the type of content you can watch. A pop up dialog prompts you to enter a valid token in order to stream content from the hosting site. Generally, there are two main methods of solving stream authorization requirements.
- Use a debrid service like Real-Debrid and Premiumize to access high quality premium content. To do this, first remove the free hosters in the Kodi app settings.
- Pair the hosting site with a static IP address.
Is Catch-Up TV Kodi addon legal?
Catch-Up TV is a third-party live streaming addon that is not found in the official Kodi repository. While using the addon is legal, it may host copyrighted content that is illegal to stream. Some content may be illegal to stream depending on copyright laws in your area/region.
How do I install Catch-Up TV on firestick?
To install Catch-Up TV on Amazon Firestick 4K begin by enabling installation from unknown sources. Launch Kodi and go to Settings. Click “Addons” then select “Install from repository”. Click “Video Addons” and then select “Catch-Up TV & More”. Click Install and a pop-up window will appear with additional addons to be installed. Click “OK” and wait for a few seconds until the installation is complete. A message will appear once the installation is done. Return to Kodi’s home screen and navigate to “Addons” on the left panel. There you will find Catch-Up TV & More addon.
Do I need a VPN to use a Catch-Up TV Kodi addon?
Yes. Catch-Up TV Kodi addon sources its content from third-party websites which may be blocked from access by your ISP. Using a reliable VPN can mask your IP address and unblock geo-restricted content.
How do I install Catch-Up TV addons?
Catch-Up TV requires additional addons/plugins in order to function smoothly and enhance functionality. To install Catch-Up TV addons, simply click “OK” when prompted to install additional addons during the main installation process. These addons include youtube-dl control, InputStream Helper, six, requests and pyQRcode.
Overall, there are many reasons to like this addon including its user-friendly interface, resume watching feature, background watching and a customizable skin.