Forked from the popular but discontinued Quasar add-on, the Elementum add-on uses BitTorrent technology to stream TV shows and movies on Kodi. BitTorrent technology is a peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing protocol that uses both upload and download bandwidth.
The BitTorrent technology means that the add-on partially downloads a streaming link before playing a video to minimize video stuttering and buffering.
This Kodi add-on has various categories and options such as TV shows, Movies, Torrents, Search, Torrents history, Add Torrents, Providers, Status, Changelog, Donate, Settings and Additional elemental burst settings.
Common features of the Elementum Kodi add-on include:
- Multi-torrent support.
- Integration with Kodi library. (You can add movies and shows to your library)
- Android enabled support.
- Easier provider install and configuration with Quasar burst.
- User-friendly interface.
- Fast and improved capability to deliver quality streams.
The following platforms fully support Elementum:
The Elementum add-on enables users to download media to stream, or watch offline using BitTorrent technology. But, for this to work, you need to connect to a torrent client to access media content. Therefore, it’s advisable to use a premium VPN because some ISPs block torrent sites even if they’re legal.
A VPN encrypts internet traffic and hides your IP address, making it difficult for your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to figure out what you’re doing on the internet. Using a VPN will also enable you to view any geographically restricted content.
It's important to understand that streaming movies and TV shows on any of the 3rd party Kodi addons may be subject to copyright issues. This is because some of the 3rd party Kodi addons are essentially accessing content that is otherwise behind the paywall. On top of it, many of the free streaming applications are hosted in insecure servers which means that your streaming devices are exposed to hacking risks. Users who love to stay in bed throughout the weekend and watch content on Kodi are also exposed to ISP throttling. This means that your internet service provider may deliberately slow down your internet connection if it detects too excessive streaming activity at your end. To avoid potential hacking risk, ISP throttling, government surveillance, and Geo-restrictions on the content you are trying to watch, we recommend using a VPN. Here are the key benefits of hiding your IP (using VPN): 1) You can access Geo-restricted content. 2) You can avoid ISP throttling. 3) You can avoid unwanted surveillance by government agencies and ISPs. 4) You can protect yourself from hackers. Connect VPN on all of your streaming devices (iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) and enjoy worry-free & high-speed movie experience 24/7. The BEST VPN providers on the planet are: 1) Get CyberGhost - 45-Days Money-Back Guarantee 2) Get ExpressVPN - 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee 3) Get PrivateVPN - 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
How The Elementum Kodi Add-on Works
Essentially, the Elementum Kodi add-on is a torrent finding and streaming search engine that grabs TV show and movie information from TVDB and IMDB sites and displays the information alongside the search results. Elementum uses uniquely crafted add-ons known as providers to access torrent websites.
Here is a step-by-step process of what Elementum does when you search for a movie or TV show to watch on Kodi:
- First, the add-on lists all the installed providers.
- Then, it correspondingly calls all the listed providers to find the movie/TV show that you want to watch.
- Each provider then returns a catalog of the BitTorrent links they found.
- Elementum then collects and eliminates all the redundant information from the links provided.
- It goes onto the BitTorrent network to identify the number of seeds and peers in real-time.
- It then identifies the standard of each of the links provided by their name.
- Afterward, it ranks the provided links by availability and quality, with high-quality links appearing first.
- When you select a provided link, Elementum sends the link to the BitTorrent streaming engine.
Despite the numerous steps involved, this process only takes a few seconds, depending on your internet speed and device timeout settings.
Steps To Install Elementum On Kodi
To install Elementum Kodi, follow the steps detailed below:
Step#1: Download Elementum
The first step is to download the Elementum zip file from Github. This zip file contains the repository and the add-on. It is essential to note the location where you download your file because you’ll need to access it later in the installation process.
If you are using an Amazon FireTV or Android Box, you should download the Android arm package. If you are using a smartphone, tablet, or Nvidia Shield, download the Android arm64 package.
If you are not sure about your device’s specifications, download the all-in-one package. Please note that the all-in-one package is larger than a device-specific one.
Step#2: Prepare Kodi For Elementum
The next step is to allow third-party add-ons on Kodi, given that Elementum is not found in the official Kodi repository. This is because, by default, Kodi does not allow the installation of third-party add-ons. You will also need to allow Kodi to send and receive information/notifications from other applications so that Elementum can communicate with torrent search engines.
To enable these notifications and third-party add-ons, follow the procedure below:
- Go to the settings menu by clicking on the cog icon at the top left corner of your home screen.
- Select Systems.
- Next, click on the Add-ons option.
- To enable Show Notifications and Unknown Sources, move the toggle switch to the right.
- After enabling notifications and installation from unknown sources, go back to the Systems menu and click on Service.
- Finally, highlight the Control option to activate Allow Remote Control from Applications on Other Systems.
Please note that if you are using Kodi19, you will receive a warning message when enabling remote control from other systems. Click on the Yes icon to proceed.
Step#3: Installing Elementum On Kodi
You are now ready to install the Elementum add-on on Kodi by following the step-by-step guide below:
- Go back to the Kodi home screen and click on Add-ons.
- Select Install From The Zip File. If you are on Kodi19, you will see an auto-update feature message. Click on Yes to proceed.
- Locate the installation file you downloaded earlier. After finding the file, click on it to install Elementum and the Elementum repository.
- Wait for a few seconds; you will receive a message prompting you to install Elementum Burst. Burst is an add-on with multiple providers responsible for searching torrents on different websites. Click Yes to install Elementum Burst.
Sometimes, Elementum Burst will fail to install. If this happens, restart Kodi and wait a few seconds for a message prompting you to install Elementum Burst again. Unfortunately, if this second installation attempt fails, you will need to install it manually. If your installation is successful, you are ready to start using Elementum.
Using Elementum Kodi add-on
After successfully installing the Elementum Kodi add-on, follow the procedure below to use it:
- Go to the Home Screen and click on the Add-ons tab.
- From the list of add-ons that appears, click on the Elementum add-on.
- Use the displayed menu to find the media you want to watch. If, for example, you want to watch a movie, click on Movies. The menu will then display a list of additional categories, including Trending, most popular, top-rated, and most-watched movies.
Let’s assume you want to watch a movie in the Trending category. In that case, here’s what to do:
- Click on Trending. Elementum Burst will search for torrents on various websites.
- After a few seconds, you will see a list of the available torrents. Pick one.
- Finally, Elementum will connect to other peers then download a buffer before beginning to play your file.
- Peers are people who are currently sharing the torrent. This process should take about ten seconds if your internet connection is fast enough.
How To Choose A Stream Manually On Elementum
After selecting a movie, you can let Elementum choose the best stream automatically, or you can choose the stream manually from a provided list. Follow the procedure below to choose a stream manually:
- Go to the Kodi home page.
- Click on Add-ons.
- Scroll down and click on Elementum.
- Click on the menu button.
- Click on Settings.
- Select General Settings.
- Disable the Choose Stream Automatically option and enable the Choose The Stream manually option.
- Click OK to confirm
If you want to watch a video using a particular link, hover over the video, click on the menu, and then choose Stream. You will be provided with a list of streams from Elementum Burst.
Look at the file name and select the DVDRip you want.
DVDRip is an indicator of the origin and file quality contained in a specific torrent.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some common Elementum Kodi Addon FAQs, and their answers:
Why Do I Need A VPN To Use Elementum Kodi Add-On?
Using a VPN with the Elementum Kodi add-on is advisable because it prevents ISPs (internet Serice Providers) from actively blocking the torrent site you’re using.
Is The Elementum Kodi Add-On Legal?
Yes, it is legal to install and use this Kodi add-on. However, using this add-on to view or download copyrighted material is illegal.
Is The Elementum Add-On Free?
Installing and streaming TV shows, movies, and other media content with this add-on is absolutely free.
Can You Install The Elementum Kodi Add-On On Firestick?
Yes, you can install this add-on on Firestick by following the procedure outlined earlier in this article.
Is The Add-On Compatible With All Versions Of Kodi?
Elementum Kodi add-on is compatible with Kodi Leia and Kodi 19.1 Matrix. The least supported Kodi version is Jarvis or Version 16.
Why Has My Elementum Kodi Addon Stopped Working?
If your Elementum Kodi add-on stops working for some reason, uninstall the application and re-install it once again. Follow the procedure below to uninstall the add-on:
- From the Kodi home screen, click on Add-ons.
- Select My add-ons.
- Scroll down and click on the Elementum add-on.
- Select Uninstall.
Even though installing the Elementum Kodi add-on is a bit complicated compared to other Kodi add-ons, the additional options and wide range of content it offers are unmatched. Keep in mind that Kodi add-ons receive updates regularly. For this reason, ensure you update it to the latest version to improve its functionality.