Mobdro gives users access to news, sports, music, video-on-demand, movies, and TV shows. The application can be installed on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smart TVs. In addition, Mobdro is updated regularly with much newer content. You can also opt to integrate the application with Kodi for a better experience.
It's important to understand that streaming movies and TV shows on any of the 3rd party Kodi addons may be subject to copyright issues. This is because some of the 3rd party Kodi addons are essentially accessing content that is otherwise behind the paywall. On top of it, many of the free streaming applications are hosted in insecure servers which means that your streaming devices are exposed to hacking risks. Users who love to stay in bed throughout the weekend and watch content on Kodi are also exposed to ISP throttling. This means that your internet service provider may deliberately slow down your internet connection if it detects too excessive streaming activity at your end. To avoid potential hacking risk, ISP throttling, government surveillance, and Geo-restrictions on the content you are trying to watch, we recommend using a VPN. Here are the key benefits of hiding your IP (using VPN): 1) You can access Geo-restricted content. 2) You can avoid ISP throttling. 3) You can avoid unwanted surveillance by government agencies and ISPs. 4) You can protect yourself from hackers. Connect VPN on all of your streaming devices (iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) and enjoy worry-free & high-speed movie experience 24/7. The BEST VPN providers on the planet are: 1) Get CyberGhost - 45-Days Money-Back Guarantee 2) Get ExpressVPN - 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee 3) Get PrivateVPN - 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
It doesn’t seem to work with Kodi 19 Matrix yet, but it’s likely that developers will update the addon soon.
This article discusses some of the methods you may use to install Mobdro on Kodi. However, before using these methods, you must enable Unknown Sources on Kodi by following the procedure below:
How To Enable Unknown Sources On Kodi
- Launch Kodi and press the cogwheel icon to open Settings.
- Click on System and select Add-ons.
- Press the Unknown Sources option and click on Yes.
Now that you have enabled Unknown Sources, you may proceed to install Mobdro Kodi Addon. Here’s how to go about it:
How To Install Mobdro Kodi Add-on
You can install the Mobdro add-on for Kodi in four ways. They include:
- Installing from Bookmark Lite Repository.
- Installing from Kodil Repository.
- Sourcing from GenTec.
- Installing from LVTV Repository.
Installing From Bookmark Lite Repository
This method requires you to install the Bookmark Lite repository first. Follow the procedure below to do so:
- Launch Kodi and press the cogwheel icon to open Settings.
- Select the File Manager option and click on Add Source.
- Input this URL as provided: http://bliss-tv.com/lite and then click on OK.
- Type a name for the above media source using the provided text boxes.
- Return to Kodi’s main menu and click on the Package Installer icon.
- Click on Install From The Zip File.
- On the pop-up box, select the name you provided in step 4 above.
- Select the repository file that appears.
You may proceed to install the add-on once the repository’s installation is successful. Follow the procedure below:
- Without exiting the current screen, select Install from the repository.
- Click on Bookmark LITE and select Video Add-ons.
- Choose the Mobdro option and click on Install.
The add-on will be installed within a few minutes.
Installing From Kodil repository
This option requires you to install the Kodil Repository, allowing you to access various add-ons. Follow the procedure below to install the repository:
- Download the Kodil repository.
- Open Kodi and click on Add-ons.
- Click on the button at the top left corner to open Package Installer.
- Choose Install From Zip File.
- Locate and click on the Kodil repository file you downloaded in step 1 above.
A pop-up will appear that the Kodil repository add-on has been installed successfully. You may now proceed to install the Mobdro Kodi add-on by following the procedure below:
- Without exiting the current screen, click on Install from the repository.
- Click on the Kodil Repository and select Video Add-ons.
- Press View options, click on the Search option and enter Mobdro.
- Click on OK and select Mobdro.
- Click on Install.
Sourcing From GenTec
- Launch Kodi and select System from the main menu.
- Click on the File Manager option and select Add Source.
- Click on None and enter the following URL as is: http://gen-tec.co/gentecwiz/.
- Click on Done.
- Select the box underneath and type a name for the above media source and click on OK.
- Return to Kodi’s home screen and click on Install From Zip File.
- Choose the media source name you provided in step 5 above.
- Select NEW REPO FOR GENTEC WIZARD and select repository.Gentec-x.x.zip.
- Press Install From Repository.
- Choose Gentec repository and click on Video Add-ons.
- Select StarTec Mobdro and click on Install.
A window will pop up notifying you that the Add-on has been installed.
Installing From LVTV Repository
- On Kodi’s main menu, click on System and select the File Manager option.
- Click on Add Source and select None.
- Enter this URL: http://lvtvv.com/repo and click on Done.
- On the box underneath, type a name for this media source and click on OK.
- Return to Kodi home screen and choose Install From Zip File.
- Select the media source name you provided in step 4 above.
- Press Old and click on repository.ah.zip.
- Click on Install From Repository.
- Choose AH Add-on repository, open Video Add-ons, and click on Mobdro.
- Click on Install.
The add-on will be installed in a moment. Return to the home screen, open Add-ons, and click on Video Add-ons. Next, select Mobdro to stream live TV, movies, and TV shows.
Features Of Mobdro Kodi Addon
Mobdro has a variety of live viewing categories. They include; Music, Podcasts, Tech, Animals, Gaming, Spiritual, Sports, Channels, News, Shows, Movies, and Others.
The Channels category has alphabetically arranged channels for easier access. It contains popular channels like HBO, SyFy, Vox, Edge, Starz, Cartoon, ABC, Network, etc.
The Shows category contains over 100 TV Shows. Some of the Shows to expect in this category include Impossible, Dragon Ball, Narcos, Game of Thrones, Batman, and more.
The Movies category is subdivided into eighteen sub-folders, with the movies categorized according to their genre. Some of the most common subfolders are Musical Movies, Animation, Adventure, Action, Comedy, Documentary, and Horror.
The Sports category has popular channels like Sports Net, ESPN, WWE TV, Fox Sports, and Box Nation. The section has over 60 channels on average.
The Music category is accessible 24/7. It contains channels such as MTV classic UK, MTV dance, four music, box hits, etc.
The News category lists all kinds of popular news channels. Examples include; ABC, CNN International, NBC, Fox News, and CNBC.
The add-on also allows you to add channels or shows to a Favorites category. Follow the steps below to add channels to favorites.
How To Add Channels To Favorites On Mobdro Kodi
- On Mobdro’s home screen, select Channels or any category.
- Click on I Agree when prompted.
- Click on any channel; when it starts playing, navigate the screen and press the Star icon.
- A Favorite Added message will appear.
- Return to the Mobdro Home Screen and select Favorites header.
- Click on Edit List to edit the list or to remove channels.
- If you would like to remove any channel, click on Delete.
PRO TIP: When installing the Mobdro add-on, it is advisable to protect yourself with a VPN that can be used with Windows, Mac, IOS, Android, Firestick, Smart TV, Xbox, and Routers.
- Live Net TV
- Pluto TV
What Is Mobdro?
Mobdro is an application that can be installed on streaming devices to access live TV for free.
Which Devices Support Mobdro?
The add-on can be installed on most devices, including the popular Amazon Fire Stick.
Is Mobdro Illegal?
No. Mobdro is completely legal. However, if you decide to use this application to watch copyrighted streams, it may become illegal. The best way to avoid getting yourself in trouble with law enforcement authorities and at the same time protecting your privacy from hackers is by using a premium Kodi-compatible VPN.
Mobdro Keeps Buffering, Why Is That?
The problem of Mobdro buffering usually occurs due to different reasons. First, it may be as a result of a slow internet connection on your side. Secondly, your ISP may be throttling your bandwidth, which slows down your internet. To avoid such problems, consider installing a reliable VPN.
Is Mobdro Safe In 2021?
By installing Mobdro, you must allow installation from unknown sources. The app itself is 100% safe from viruses and malware, but it may be subject to corruption because it is an open-source app.
What Internet Speed Do I Need For Mobdro?
The internet speed depends on the kind of content you want to stream and its quality as well. For example, regular streaming requires at least 6mbps to stream in High Definition. But if you wish to stream in 4K, you’ll require at least 25mpbs.
As a general rule, your internet speed should be double the streaming speed. For instance, from the above examples, you’ll need 12mpbs to stream HD movies and 50mbps to stream 4K movies.