OpenWizard is a Kodi maintenance tool used for deleting thumbnails, editing XML files, cleaning Kodi cache, viewing and cleaning logs, etc. The Open Wizard has full backup/restore features, and automated build installs. It succeeded the popular Aftermath Kodi Wizard, originally developed by SurfacingX, and is used by several other wizards and Kodi builds.
This tutorial should help you to maintain and manage data on Kodi without you being forced to use any other third-party Kodi builds.
The Open Wizard addon is Kodi 19 Matrix compatible.
Everything you watch using Kodi leaves footprints that can easily be tracked by government agencies and your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
It’s important to understand that streaming movies and TV shows on any of the 3rd party Kodi addons may be subject to copyright issues. This is because some of the 3rd party Kodi addons are essentially accessing content that is otherwise behind the paywall.
On top of it, many of the free streaming applications are hosted in insecure servers which means that you are exposed to hacking risks.
Users who love to stay in bed throughout the weekend and watch content on Kodi are also exposed to ISP throttling. This means that your internet service provider may deliberately slow down your internet connection if it detects too excessive streaming activity at your end.
To avoid potential hacking risk, ISP throttling, government surveillance, and Geo-restrictions on the content you are trying to watch, we recommend using a VPN.
Here are the key benefits of hiding your IP (using VPN):
1) You can access Geo-restricted content.
2) You can avoid ISP throttling.
3) You can avoid unwanted surveillance by government agencies and ISPs.
4) You can protect yourself from hackers.
In order to stay safe, we recommend using a PrivateVPN.
Connect PrivateVPN on all of your streaming devices (iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) and enjoy worry-free & high-speed movie experience 24/7.
How To Install Open Wizard Kodi Maintenance Addon
Kodi does not support the installation of third-party add-ons, like Open Wizard for security reasons. This software does not host or maintain any third-party add-ons or wizards because they’re prone to security vulnerabilities. OpenWizard is a third-party Kodi wizard developed by Drinfernoo.
Therefore, users should install the wizard at their discretion and risk, considering Team Kodi does not endorse it. That said, it is safe to install Open Wizard, given that it does not contain any malware that could harm your device.
How To Allow Installation From Unknown Sources
To install Open Wizard Kodi addon, you need to allow installation from unknown sources by following the procedure below:
- Launch Kodi and click on Settings or the cog icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Kodi System Settings.
- Click on the cog icon indicated (Standard) at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- You’ll see a list of options displayed; click on Add-ons.
- Under the Unknown Sources option, move the toggle button to the right.
- A pop-up window will appear, informing you about the risks of allowing installation from unknown sources. Select Yes to proceed.
After allowing installation from unknown sources, your Kodi application will be ready to install and run OpenWizard.
How To Download Open Wizard On Kodi
There are several places where you can download the Open Wizard repository from the internet. You can choose to download Open Wizard from GitHub or the KinkeadTech File Source.
Github is efficient because the repository installers are not hosted on an individual’s server. Therefore, you won’t need to add file resources when installing repositories to access add-ons.
Option 1 (works best) | How To Install OpenWizard Repo from GitHub
- Go to the Kodi home screen and click on Settings from the upper-left side of the screen.
- Select File Manager.
- You’ll see a list of options listed under File Manager; select Add source.
- Under the Add File Source window, select None.
- Under Enter The Path For Media Location, type in the official Github source URL of OpenWizard: https://a4k-openproject.github.io/repository.openwizard/ then click OK.
- Under Enter A Name For This Media Source, type Open Wizard Kodi Addon or any other name you prefer to call it, then select OK.
- Check for typos if you encounter an “Unable To Connect” error message, or check to see if your internet connection is stable.
If successful, you’ll see OpenWizard labels appearing on both sides of your Kodi window
Option 2 | How to Install OpenWizard Repo from the KinkeadTech File Source
- Launch the Kodi home screen and click on Settings.
- Click on Add Source.
- Select None, and type in the URL of the repository server: https://kinkeadtech.com/repos
- Name it KinkeadTech or any other name you prefer.
- Go back to the home screen and click on Settings.
- Select Add-ons.
- Click Install From Zip File, then select KinkeadTech or the name you entered earlier.
- Select the OpenWizard repository ZIP file, then click on Install.
Step-by-step Guide To Install OpenWizard On Kodi
After downloading OpenWizard, you have to install it on Kodi. Follow the procedure below to install OpenWizard on Kodi:
- Go to the Kodi home screen and click on the Add-ons tab on the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click on the box icon on the upper-left side of the screen to open Package Installer.
- Under the Add-ons window, select Install From Zip File.
- Under the Install From Zip File window, select OpenWizard or the name you gave the file earlier.
- If you encounter the “Failed To Install Addon From Zip File” error message, check on the internet connection or restart Kodi, then begin the installation process afresh.
- Select Install From Repository.
- Click on the OpenWizard repository. If you encounter the “Could Not Connect To Repository” error message, it may mean that the repository has changed its source URL or the repository is malfunctioning.
- If you don’t encounter any issues, wait for the installation to complete. You’ll see the OpenWizard Repo Installed message on your screen.
- Click on Program Add-ons.
- Select OpenWizard.
- Select Install at the bottom right side of the screen.
- If prompted to select a version, click on the one at the top of the list.
- Select OK to install dependencies, then wait for the OpenWizard Installed message to show.
Launching Open Wizard Kodi Addon
- Launch the Kodi home screen and click on Program Add-ons.
- Click on OpenWizard.
- Click Continue on the window that appears next.
- When you launch OpenWizard, you’ll see a list of options and all features contained in the wizard.
Even though OpenWizard hasn’t been updated for quite a long time, it’s worth installing for all your Kodi maintenance, data saving, and backup needs. This guide applies to all Kodi-compatible devices.
Also, given that there’s always the risk of losing your privacy to hackers, your internet service provider, or even the government, it is advisable to use a reliable VPN like PrivateVPN for the ultimate viewing experience on Kodi.